Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Mind Vitamins #2 and We'll Meet Again!


MIND VITAMINS #2

"I believe that the pursuit of truth and right ideas through honest debate and rigorous argument is a noble undertaking. " Charles Krauthammer

"Quid est veritas? ("What is truth.") Pontius Pilate, John 18:38
What Pilate's motivation was to ask Jesus this question on Good Friday is debatable. I'm taking him literally because it is a vital question for our time. I want to know the truth about everything.  

"I want to know."
Dr. Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

"Lying makes a problem part of the future; truth makes a problem part of the past."   Michael McLean
Consider that The Ten Commandments tell us to not lie. For myself a lie also violates another commandment to not steal. Steal what? Time, energy, good will, trust and progress. William B. Protz, Jr.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance...."
Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn." Benjamin Franklin

"Advice is seldom welcome; and those who [need] it the most like it the least. Lord Chesterfield

**********          **********          **********

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs - Victory in spite of all terrors. - Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival." Winston Churchill  --- May 13, 1940

"Winners take responsibility. Losers blame others." Brit Hume

"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our attitudes." Charles Swindoll

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. For myself, I am an optimist. It does not seem to be much use being anything else. Winston Churchill

"Before you say a word about another, ask yourself three questions.
Is it true?     Is it kind?     Is it necessary?   Anonymous

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it's stored than to anything on which it is poured." Mark Twain

"Brace Up!" General Pettygree

CLOSING REMARKS



"My humans, Dorothy and Bill are home all the time now. I am so very tired. No naps anymore!" Rocket

My Dear Readers, 
We are all in very tough times. BUT, please listen to the Vera Lynn WWII song, We'll Meet Again" linked below before going elsewhere. It also has some WWII images I've never seen. --- Here it is:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Vera+Lynn+We%27ll+Meet+Again&&view=detail&mid=83F512CF78BF15278B9483F512CF78BF15278B94&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3DVera%2BLynn%2BWe%2527ll%2BMeet%2BAgain%26FORM%3DVDMHRS

We'll meet again, God willing.  Respectfully yours, Bill


**********          **********          **********

5 comments:

  1. Godspeed, Bill! Excellent musical choice by the way.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the interesting quotes. Ive been convinced for several years now that we have entered a new Dark Age where ignorance and stupidity is seen as a sort of virtue and sadly a lot of people, usually young are desperate to attain the same level of delusion. Luckily I have my toys and can immerse myself in a world where honesty, courage and intelligence are needed and are virtues to aspire to. Unfortunately I havent attained that level of virtue yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best to you and yours , Cheers Tony

    ReplyDelete

Comments Here