Location: Main River
Situation: En-route To Frankfurt Am Main And Elsewhere
Click images two times to enlarge them - a lot.
Gallian forces and personalities are preparing for our annual light troop game. Randy and I raised the entire Legion de Fischer in 2009-2010. My half appears below.
Overhead view of the crossing
As the crossing continued two troops of Lanciers de Saxe arrived escorting an entourage from the court of Gallian King Louis XV. They are bound for a party at Frankfut Am Main.
From left to right: Lady Cherish Masquerade, Lady Diana Pettygree, Lady Belle Silhouette and Maid Katherine. Wait! The party slows turning toward the building.
Masquerade: "Oh no. It is...."
Katherine: "That Old Woman, my ladies. She always warns of trouble and...."
Diana: "Yes. Have a care my dears not to look away lest she disappear before giving us her warning. I...."
That Old Woman: "Bound for Germany thee are. Heed my words. Turn back lest a winter storm overtakes you. The winter, the winter the winter is coming."
Silhouette: "Nonsense! The region is as green as Springtime."
Narrator: A moment later the ladies barely looked away and in that blink of an eye the apparition or whatever they saw vanished - as usual. A search of the house revealed no one home. Silhouette not having experienced this before was the most confounded. The others knew to be on the watch from now on. But for what?
1. Chasseurs A Cheval are Eureka Saxons.
2. Most of 1/Battalion and the Dragoons are Front Rank.
3. Minden Miniatures supplied the workmen I've made into Pontoniers.
4. The 4 Pounder is from Elite Miniatures.
5. Ammo Wagon is probably Hinchliffe.
6. Fischer Chasseurs A Pied are Scrubys.
7. Artillery Crew is from Redoubt.
8. Terrain Guy supplied the terrain covering and custom river. Custom because I asked for sections 3' long to minimize seams.
9. Pontoons and their wagons are probably Miniature Figurines from the 1980s. The pontoons are painted copper color because a source now long forgotten said Saxon or ? were made of copper. The wagons were originally painted for my Saxon Army.
10. Flag Dude flags are fictional. There are no records so I made them up.
11. Your remarks are very welcome below.