Location: Frankfurt Am Main, Frankzonia, Germania
Situation: Lady Pettygree's Entourage Enters The City
Lt. Col. Enigma: "Don't double click photos to see better. If YOU do, your next vacation will be in The Bastille!"
On 2 December 1760 (2010) an expectant and cheerful Gallian entourage approaches the Water Gate of Frankfurt Am Main. Our familiar characters are:
Lady Diana Pettygree (blue) Lady Cherish Masquerade (pink), Maid Katherine (holding tricornered hat) and Lady Belle Silhouette (busby) passing through the gate.
Oh. There she is on the grey. Lady Belle Silhouette rises in the saddle to see better, Katherine again attempts to maintain her tricornered hat while Lady Cherish Masquerade eyes citizens in her way. Enigma, well, Enigma....
The next day, 3 December 1760 (2010) Lady Belle Silhouette arrives to inspect her hussars. At the moment they are practicing loading drill. Later today they will guard party goers at a ball.
That evening, the entourage rides to l'Maison Fryegoumont for a party. It will span the last hours of the day passing into the morning hours of the 4th instant. Lt. Col. Enigma is suspicious of several unusual guards. Naturally.
South of the city a piquet line of Fischer Chasseurs a Cheval stand guard. Flanking them off screen left and right are bodies of Fischer fusiliers. All have been aroused by the appearance of numerous enemy forces boiling over onto the fields before them. There is no way to stop them. The three piquets fall back taking heavy losses.
They are unstoppable. Some cross the stone wall of l'Maison Freyegoumont. The Lanciers de Saxe saddle up and receive fire. They will soon charge into oblivion to save the revelers mounting up in front of the main door of the chateau. Time and right decisions are critical for everyone! Will anyone get away? Doubtful.
While the entourage makes an escape. Success! But....NO!
You see the result of the melee. Most escape the clutches of the foe. However,....
Katherine is captured and led away. Why?
Perhaps this unfamiliar woman and her masked desperado associate know why as....
Pandemonium reigns in the town square. Chassuers and partiers reorganize themselves.
1. Our annual Light Troop Game hosted by Randy and Sheryl in DeKalb, IL.
2. Rules: Batailles de l'Ancien Régime 1740-1763 (BAR).
3. We were often fighting with units of 12 miniatures or less. You can too.
4. Hesse-Seewald Mission: Capture cattle.
5. Desperado Mission: Capture VIPs; especially Lady Pettygree.
6. Gallians: Bruce, Tom, Randy (Player/Judge) and yours truly, Bill.
7. Hesse-Seewalders and Desperadoes: Jim (Der Alte Fritz) and Keith.
8. Silhouette's female hussar guards are from Hinterland Miniatures. See: http://hinterlandminiatures.weebly.com/storecart.html
9. We were very happy Randy was able to field most of his Miniature Building Authority structures. Lovely stuff. Have you gone to the MBA website?
10. Randy designed a fun, stimulating, visually appealing and tense game; tense for some of us with personalities to lose! Bravo and applause Randy! Thank you Sheryl for the terrific chow and cheerful hospitality.
11. Postscript Photos For Fun!
(The Bay) Siren: Oui! And the one I kicked down crashed into another!"
Both: Whinny happily with satisfaction.
Express: Certainment mon ami.
Siren: Do you see what I see?
Express: Oui! Keep cantering my dear. She'll disappear in a moment.
12. Comments welcome below!